Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Battle of the Styles

Battle
(Click picture for details)

Lately I have been evaluating my wardrobe. I have never been a t-shirt kind of girl. (You know, the regular t-shirts that most of us wear to the store, running, around the house, etc.) It isn't that I have anything against them, I just don't like the way they look on me. So I have been a 'cutesie' t-shirt kind of girl. (See below.)


basic
(Click here for details)
These are the types of tops that I used to continually gravitate toward: basic silhouettes in solid colors. (Maybe a pattern here and there.) While I think that basic tops are a must in any wardrobe (see post here), I think it is important to have several statement pieces as well.

embellished
(Click here for details)
The more I think about it, I believe that embellished tops belong in every woman's wardrobe. I think it is fun to have a a few pieces that are a little over-the-top. It may be just a few sequins splashed across the shoulders like the Forever 21 tank pictured. Or perhaps it is a little lace. Of course, I am loving that pearl embellished t-shirt! The point is that your wardrobe should be made up of basic, classic pieces, but you should have some fun pieces as well. Don't think that you "can't do sequins" or "can't pull off lace." That is, of course, rubbish.

Have a great Tuesday!



















22 comments:

  1. Thats a cool post dear!!
    i love the pink top!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. like basic tops so much!
    bravo!

    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love combining both!

    Corina
    www.cocorrina.com

    Win a Black & Gold Statement Necklace from my shop. Join the GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of both- the basic ones are more for casual days and the embellished ones are for nights out.

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree! I think that basic tees and now even embellished tops are wardrobe staples! Great post! xxx

    http://aurelieandangelo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a ton of great basic tops, but I definitely want to add a few more embellished ones to my closet. I'm not big on jewels or sequins on tops, but there are a lot of pretty options out there!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both options. I think you need a little bit of both.
    XO
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need some more sparkly tops in my life!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both options! Both are needed in our closet!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love embellished tops. They add extra interest to any outfit.
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all about having a little of both worlds....my wardrobe is so eclectic that sometimes it overwhelms me and not sure what my style is! ;) Love your choices, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, we need both types of t-shirts in our wardrobe;)

    With love, Egle Ge {HideInSugar}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those embellished tops! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love embellished tees :)
    Ginny
    Also, I'm doing my first giveaway, check it out if you have a chance :)
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the two options!

    http://cravingforbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this classic look - those heels are fabulous!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm the same way. Because I'm petite, I think embellished tops just do me more justice. I make a statement instead of looking young. =]. Great post and great points!


    Kimberly
    KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute picks! I think a woman should definitely have a few embellished tops in her closet! Loving that pearl top!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally agree with you! I love my basics, but statement pieces are just more fun to wear!!
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've inspired me to pull out my sequined tank top for day time again- under a cardigan of course :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?