Wednesday, October 3, 2012

About Me

I realize through outfit posts and other posts, you don't really get a chance to know me. I thought I would devote a post to giving you all a little inside look into what has been my life over the past few years.


This is one of my engagement pictures from back in 2007. Looking back at this picture makes me realize how much older I look (and feel) now. Looking back through all of my engagement, wedding, and honeymoon pictures was really funny. It is so crazy how much I have changed (inside and out) in almost six years. My hair was shorter then and I was obsessed with straightening it. I don't think I had started coloring it yet...that came about a month before the wedding. I haven't worn my nails like that in a long time either. I can't stand to have long fingernails for some reason anymore, and now they are always painted a solid color.


Looking through these pictures made me remember the day that I had my bridal portraits done. We scheduled them in a town an hour away from my apartment. I rode with my mom that day and about twenty minutes into the drive, her car broke down. I was panicking! I didn't know who to call, except for my fiance. So being the chivalrous man that he is, he met us on the side of the road and drove us the remainder of the way. My sister was kind enough to leave a key under the mat at her house and I had to change into my wedding dress there. It was very weird leaving her house with my fiance there and having him close his eyes so he wouldn't see me in my dress.


You can't see it here, but my sister is to the left of me. She nearly passed out right about the time this picture was taken. She had to be helped out by one of the altar servers. I don't think she was used to standing for so long and when she was kneeling, she was having a hard time breathing. 



My best friend for the past seven years. I'm so glad he asked me to marry him! 


It looks totally fake, but this was a view from our balcony on our honeymoon cruise. I am obsessed with cruises. If I could take one every six months, I would not complain.


Oh, I looked so happy and carefree in this picture. This was the morning the first day on our cruise. My sweet husband had picked kayaking and hiking for our excursion. So naturally, I wore all white. (I had no idea what we were doing... He surprised me with the whole trip.) I got extremely muddy on this excursion and my bikini top broke in front of the 10-15 people that were on the excursion with us. Not a good day.



Of course, my life wouldn't be the same without my two little boys. Michael was born in 2009 and Gabriel was born a year ago. (On the 10th of this month, in fact.) 


This is my wild little Michael man. He keeps me entertained with his many (and I mean many) faces that he makes.


This is my sweet little guy Gabriel. He really is the sweetest little baby ever. Just don't get in between him and his food. The kid does not mess around at meal times.

And finally, here is a picture with the two crazy kids I grew up with. (Okay, I am actually the middle child so I guess I can't refer to my older brother as a kid.) It wouldn't be a normal picture unless we did some kind of silly face. 

So there you have it. A few snapshots from my life and a few stories. I always think it is interesting to learn a little bit about the bloggers that I follow so I hope you find this post a bit interesting as well.

Have a great day!





37 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, looks like you've got some great people in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!! Kisses
    http://stylelovely.com/secondskin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! your wedding dress was stunning!

    amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, love this post :) And you look so lovely in your engagement photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, love this. Thanks so much for sharing Amy! You have beautiful family, and your little boys are too cute! :)

    Amberly
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post Amy! I love learning new things about bloggers I follow!! You have a beautiful family!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these photos with us, Amy! Your wedding photos are stunning!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy I totally love this post! That first picture of you is GORGEOUS and I honestly couldn't tell it was from years ago, you look the same to me (minus the hair and nails). Your wedding looked beautiful and your boys are just so cute and so precious! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love learning more about you, Amy! These photos were adorable, and your little ones are too cute!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling Amy :) Love the first photo and the baby pics are so cute. Your wedding photos are gorgeous!

    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful life it seems. Blessings all around us all.

    BTW... beautiful pictures.

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you shared this post! It was so interesting to learn a bit more about you. Gorgeous pictures too. You make a beautiful bride and your babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet and lovely family! Thanks for sharing with us. Always nice to see where and how everyone is from :)

    Maybe one day I will post the same story....inspired!

    Are we following each other?? If not, lets do it :) Let me know girlie :)

    Http://fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, I LOVE this!! You are one of my fave blog friends and it was so fun getting a sneak peek into your life! The church you guys got married in was GORGEOUS! I love you even more than I did yesterday!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing a glimpse into your life, Amy! This is the heart of blogging :)

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your boys are soooo adorable.

    I love the first wedding picture of you...gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww great post! it's nice seeing a little more than the outfit posts, you know?!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute blog! Newest follower! I'd love for you to check mine out!

    Kal

    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your family!
    Meredith
    www.createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy I LOVE this post! All of the photos are SOOOO cute! You look STUNNING in your engagement photo! And your two boys are absolutely darling! :)
    xoxo Darby
    Obviously Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved getting a little glimpse into your life! Gorgeous wedding photos, and your little boys are too cute! xoxo Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  22. That first photo is gorgeous! And no, you don't look older now at all! I love these types of posts, you should totally do more of them!

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post, I like your photos.. You still look nice and amazing dear. :)

    P.S. What do you think about following each other?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! Your wedding dress was so beautiful and How cute are your little ones?? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this post!! :) It was so much fun watching the timeline pictures.

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been following your blog for a few months and its so nice to learn a few things about you. You looked beautiful on your wedding day. Your boys are so cute and the picture with your siblings is too cute!

    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really cute Amy, fun to get to know you better :)
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. just found your blog and it was this post! great to hear the backstory of you first :)

    wewearthings

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely post! I love to know more about you!!!

    http://cravingforbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this post! Your hair and wedding dress are gorgeous!! Your boys are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. it's so nice to know you better! plus, these pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a cute post..nice to get to know you. It's all so beautiful. I am the middle child too!! xx, Naina

    ReplyDelete
  33. gorgeous pictures - thanks for sharing! And your sons are just too cute. It's always fun to look back on old pictures and remember yourself as you were in that moment in time, and then reflect on how much you've grown/changed. I love your wedding pictures. It's always so fun to learn about other bloggers ;)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG How adorable Amy....thanks for sharing snapshots of your amazing life with us!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this post! What a fun way to let your readers get to know you!

    I was just in a wedding this summer in the exact same chapel {my best friend from high school lives in LA}! It was so funny, I thought, "that alter looks familiar," and when I scrolled down and saw the broad shot, I knew it was the same one! So pretty!

    Your boys are too cute! :)

    :)Maigen
    laconceptiondesfemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous wedding pics. Love your dress! your little ones are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks for letting us participating in your life. you must feel really blessed to have your own precious family and so great family members around you. Loved your wedding dress, so beautiful :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?