Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Stretch Your Wardrobe

stretch4
(Click picture to shop)

Lately I have been trying to get as much use out of my wardrobe as possible. That means trying to be creative and wearing things more than once and in different ways. Normally I think of a dress as a stand-alone item but there are actually many ways to change a simple dress.

stretch1
(Click here to shop)

Wear a buttoned-up blouse under the dress with only the collar peeking out. Add a blazer in the same color as the blouse to finish the ensemble. The bright colors will look great against a black and white printed dress.


stretch3
(Click here to shop)

If your dress isn't too full (or long) a pencil skirt with a peplum or ruffles would be perfect over it. It turns your dress into separates and gives you a whole new look.


stretch
(Click here to shop)

Another great option is just taking a bright blouse and layering it over the dress. Finish off with a classic black blazer for a polished look.

Do you utilize your dresses any of these ways?







26 comments:

  1. This is such a chic post, I like all the tips to mix! :)

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post about mixing and matching!

    xoxo, Nina
    www.my-style-diary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these inspirations! I need to go through my closet.
    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pieces! I love the black jacket:)

    Check out my blog: http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mixing and remixing is really important to me right now so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those tangerine blouses - so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible!! I had no idea you could do so much with one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need to do more layering with my dresses!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool, I didnt realize there were so many ways to wear one dress! Thanks for the tip!

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always try to never buy an item if I can't picture wearing it with at least three pieces already in my closet. Works pretty well!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great ideas and I absolutely LOVE this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute ideas! Loving the button up shirt/blazer look! I love how blogging has given me new and interesting ways to wear my clothes!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i the blouse under the dress idea
    the skirt over the dress sounds good in theory, but i think i would feel like a fat cow all day
    lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  14. tons of remixing inspiration!
    new follower :)
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic tips! Love the clear diagrams too. :)


    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea of reinventing pieces you already have in multiple ways. I will definitely have to try this with some of my dresses!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?