Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Take On An Old Combination

blackandwhite
(Click picture to shop)

Black and white has been around for as long as anyone can remember. It is a classic staple with which you can't go wrong, no matter your shape or size. 

What I love about the re-birth of this classic combination are the new styles that accompany it. The re-discovered trend is more than just pairing a white t-shirt with black pants (although there is nothing wrong with that in my book!). What I love is the colorblocking in bags, shoes, and separates. The sandals pictured above (can you believe the top left is a Target shoe?!) all sport modern design with interesting color blocking. While the colorblocking trend may seem too 'trendy' to some, finding pieces in black and white will ensure that you can use it forever.
slimming
(Click here to shop)

Who doesn't love to look a tiny bit smaller? Look for garments that visually draw the eye in. The dress on the left is a classic silhouette but the two black stripes give it a modern feel. The skirt on the right is just your average pencil skirt but is very much 'today' with the colorblocking.

What are your favorite black and white combinations? I'd love to know! 





25 comments:

  1. A great and inspiring post! I love black and white with geometric patterns.

    xoxo, Nina
    http://my-style-diary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I want EVERYTHING. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest outfit post and giveaway.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your entire selection!!
    Especially the striped shoes are gorgeous.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that open-toed heel ... stunning! Too bad I have about as much grace walking around in heels as a racehorse barreling along to the finish line.

    Trust me, it ain't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great picks! In love with the striped pumps!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those black and white striped shoes!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. great advise and i love your black and white picks!

    xx amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really can't go wrong with black and white. I love the heels you chose–so gorgeous!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I love love love black and white. I'm pretty sure half of my closet consists of this color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these choices! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving that panel skirt on the right!!! great finds lady!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seriously loving the black panels on white jeans and skirts that I'm seeing for spring. What a genius way to look slimmer! And it's very chic too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the white dress with the black waist. So pretty!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! I love the white dress. Can't believe it's F21!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of the shoe choices!! I'll take one of each:) ( I wish!)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love black and white together, super cute!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. B&W is definitely such a classic pairing. I love how it looks and a girl can always look good in pieces composed with B&W. =)
    But I love bright and bold color pairings too. Currently, I'm loving pink paired with greens and red with purple. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black and white is such a cute combination! I love all of those heels :)

    elle [wonderfelle world]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've said it before, but I'll never get tired of black and white! I really love all the shoes you picked- they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off....LOVE the new blog design. Gorgeous!

    I'm also a big fan of black and white...definitely slimming and oh so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a little mad at you... :) ... there are way too many good finds here! haha. Those black striped Zara heels have now led me to the site where I want it all.
    PS: love your new web site; looking SO good!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?