Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Transition Your Wardrobe

We all have favorite pieces in our closets that we want to wear year-round. Some things (like open toe shoes) may not be appropriate year-round (unless you live in Louisiana) but some things, like a basic striped t-shirt, can carry you from January to December every single year. Here is an easy way to transition your basic striped t-shirt from summer to fall.

basic tee
Bracelet (here)

There is nothing better than a pair of denim shorts with a striped tee in the summer. I love the idea of a clutch as well. I'm not one of those who thinks that a clutch is strictly for the evening. This leopard clutch is playful enough (and only $17!) that it will look so cute tucked under your arm as you run errands during the day.

basic tee
Shoes (here)

This second look for fall is definitely a bit more polished than the carefree summer look above. It just goes to show how accessories can change a look entirely. This look is perfect for running errands in cooler weather and the bows on the plaid flats (available here) add a touch of femininity to this fall look.



25 comments:

  1. i love that!! i think clutch is versatile too, morning or night accessory =)

    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this basic fall and summer looks...
    xoxo
    happy day

    NEW POST!!!
    The simple life of rich people BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. I think a basic tee is one of the most versatile pieces in anyone's closet. I like the jacket. I also think a printed scarf would make a great transition for the tee.

    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great style boards Amy! Loving that clutch and I keep seeing the CV version everywhere - I think I need to snatch up this dupe from F21!

    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love striped tees- I luckily have so many that I can easily re-create these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good T that will transition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly we are on the same wave length today - love your styling ideas here!

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those plaid flats are too cute! My tees are something I wear all year round, mixing them up like you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tee is adorable paired with those plaid flats for some fun pattern mixing!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of layering a striped tee with a darker green jacket. I'll be giving this a try this Fall!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that bracelet in your summer collection.

    Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these styling tips, there's nothing better or more versatile than a t-shirt. I love how you mixed stripes with leopard print and then with plaid for fall.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! I love the second look, especially those flats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great transition pieces! You're reminding me I need to start shopping for some fall pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Striped shirts are the best! I think I need more in my closet though :-)
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! I have a super similar top, and. I'm excited to bring it into fall now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love transition pieces! So worth investing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! I love both ways to style the tee! You truly think of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got that clutch in the mail....you know the one!! :) Another fab style collection! You never disappoint!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd say 90% of my closet can be used year round. I don't have the space (or the cash) to put away my t's come winter

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of these looks! I can never have enough striped shirts, ever... or striped things in general! I can't wait to start transitioning to fall!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute post idea! Love both outfits.
    -Kodi
    grey et al

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these cute looks with stuff I've already got in my closet. So perfect!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?