Thursday, December 27, 2012

Skincare Routine

Skincare
(Click picture to shop)

One of my best friends asked me to do a post on my daily skincare/beauty regimen. She sweetly referred to my complexion as 'flawless' and was curious about the products/methods I use. (Thanks Katie!) 

I have been washing my face two times a day ever since I was thirteen. I have never gone to bed with my make-up on. I definitely believe in removing all traces of make-up before my head hits the pillow each night. I've been using Olay's Age Defying wash for a few years now. The tiny exfoliating beads in the cleanser are gentle enough for daily use. If you are looking for a good exfoliator, I recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use it three times a week for a glowing, fresh complexion.

During the day I use Olay's Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle lotion. I like using a light moisturizer during the day and this one is the perfect weight and consistency. It also has a SPF of 15. I think a huge part of fighting the signs of aging starts with protecting your skin from the sun. Once the sun has damaged your face, there is only so much you can do to correct it.

I started using the Revitalift Triple Power moisturizer as my night moisturizer since it is pretty thick. It claims to repair wrinkles, redensify, and re-firm the skin. Wearing this cream for over 8 hours gives my skin plenty of time to do all of those things! 

I've started using just a bit of the Revitalift around my eye area during the day because that is one of the dry areas of my face. I like to give it just a little more moisture before I apply my foundation and concealer.

skincare1
(Click here to shop)

Once I have moisturized, I use the Garnier Ultra Anti-Wrinkle eye roller. I always use some form of anti-aging eye product before bed and before I apply my make-up in the morning. This just happens to be the product that I am using now. The eye area is so sensitive and is usually where signs of aging start. I definitely believe in using some sort of product around the eye area to combat the signs of aging.

My complexion is not always flawless - I get zits every now and then. I have found that the best way to avoid zits and breakouts is to not touch my face. When the stubborn zit appears every now and then, I use my Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel. It truly is the one zit zapper that I have found that works. It stops a zit right in its tracks and heals it. The most effective method I have found is applying the gel to a spot when I feel a zit coming on. You know the feeling. That little sore spot on your chin. Nothing has 'formed' yet but you can feel something under the surface of the skin. Put a huge glob on the area and it will help prevent it from blossoming into a full-on nasty zit.

When it comes to primers, I am obsessed with the two pictured above. I use both on a regular basis. Sometimes I just use the Magic Perfecting base when I want a matte finish. Or if I want a little luminosity I use the Magic Lumi-Primer. And sometimes I mix the two - using the Lumi-Primer on just a few parts of my face to highlight them and using the matte formula on the rest. 

I didn't really think my skincare routine was that involved but this post is rather lengthy (for me at, least). Stay tuned in the next week for my daily make-up routine. That one will be even longer...

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. I need to try that Loreal lumi primer. I use the lumi foundation and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so helpful. I need to try those primers and your moisturizer. Really on the hunt for an amazing eye cream or oil to help alleviate pesky wrinkles and dryness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations! I have terrible skin and I'm always looking for great products to help as much as possible. I currently use the Olay Regenerist moisturizer and I love it. I definitely want to try these other Olay products. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, and cheers to a Happy New Year!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Love this post and your awesome suggestions. I confess that my "beauty regimen" is pretty embarrassing considering all of the things you do to maintain a fresh face :) No moisturizers and all the make-up I wear anymore is mascara and eyeliner with the occasional bit of lipstick; so I've been looking for suggestions and method!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these great tips and finds. Great blog.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing! I am in need of a new face wash, can't wait to try!

    Mal
    www.agirlskindoftherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all of these products!! I definitely need to try some of them.:) You really do have flawless skin!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading other girl's regimes! The magic primer sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing others daily routines! Will check out some of the products you use, thanks lady! :)

    Michelle
    fierceandfashionable.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xx amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?