Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New You

NewYear1
(Click picture to shop)

I love starting a new year. I feel like I suddenly have time to try new things. Of course I want to become a more patient person, play with my kids more, work on my spiritual life, and so on. This post, however, is focused on the fun, fashionable ways to change this year.

Having a blog is a great way to really see what other people see (on the surface, that is). I've noticed a lack of color in my handbags, and a serious lack of bold jewelry. Both are things that I love but when it comes to shopping for these items, I tend to shy away. This year, I am going to add a few pieces from this category to my wardrobe. Any of the pieces above make a statement and would be great pieces to own.

NewYear

I definitely want to try a few new beauty trends. I have loved the double cat eye for quite a while now. Of course, a regular cat eye where I live is probably 'out there' so I haven't attempted the double. I think it would look great for a night out. It might take some practice, but I hope to master the look!

I've done a smoky eye every now and then when I've gone out to dinner with my husband. There are several ways to create the smoky eye and I am always on the lookout for a new method. If you want to try it, I found a step-by-step method here and a video tutorial here.

I don't have any nude lipsticks and I will be hunting for the perfect shade soon. I love the look of a dramatic eye done with nude lips.

False lashes are great when you want to add a little more 'oomph' to your make-up. I have used the strip lashes before (for dance performances) but I think the individual lashes look a little more natural and give a subtle hint of drama to your look. I am going to start using these more for date nights.

This new year is a great time to try new trends in beauty and fashion. Have you thought about things you want to try?

Have a great day!



24 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when it comes to love trends but shying away from buying those items. Love the nude lips look and I've been trying to add colorful handbags into my wardrobe too :)

    xo Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  2. The double cat-eye is awesome- you should go for it! Nude lips are a go-to of mine, too, but since I'm fairly pale I have to add a little pinky gloss on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Amy! I definitely like the bright bag trend...the white tote with the splash of color is my fave!

    Amberly
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I this year I really want to step up my eye and lip game! I am looking at getting lash extensions actually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING the bright bags and of course the smokey eye! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing a smokey eye for going out...it's fun to do a traditional grey one or change it up with neutral browns.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally on board with bright bags this year. I just ordered a yellow one I can't wait to wear!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being pregnant, I have just been looking for maternity clothes that are actually cute. It's pretty hard, but I finally discovered the maternity section at asos. So my plan is to buy some fun maternity pieces from them instead of just sticking to the basics like I did with my last pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I definitely need a new bright bag for the new year! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend just did them for the holidays and the false eyelashes looked amazing on her. Great blog!

    If you get a sec, checkout my latest post 'New Year and Sequins'. I would love to know what you think.

    XO

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely agree that the New Year is a great time to try out some new stuff – I def want to be bolder in my choices this year.

    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the earrings you picked and the double cat eye!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love bold jewelry and your picks are perfect!

    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, these are resolutions I can get behind! My goal is to start wearing all the jewelry I've collected over the years. I tend to wear the same pieces day in and day out, so I'm hoping to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year darling!
    Love the double cat eye makeup

    Win a L'OREAL MASCARA >> GIVEAWAY <<

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving the double cat eye idea! So funky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey sweetie!
    Love your blog!
    It is very intesting and original!
    Well done! :)
    How about following each other?
    Let me know in comment about it and I promise to follow you back!! :)

    http://fashionofad.blogspot.gr/

    xo xo
    Olie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bold colors - They are going to be so hot this year!
    Thanks for the recent comment on my blog, I am now following you we can keep in touch. Maybe you can too?
    Happy New Year :)
    ♥ xoxo cori

    www.purecanesugarfashion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for you to try a double cat eye! I think it will be stunning on you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm there's double cat eye! i havent even got my head around one, let alone 2!

    Adorable blog. Following you now. Hope you can share the love back by following and visiting my site.

    Much love from Canada~
    KD

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love the double cat eye
    I need someone to come and teach me how to do it!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  22. I also want to try the double cat eye with nude lips. Trying new things with my makeup is one of my New Year's resolutions. It's so harrrrd!

    Jordan
    http://jordansvintagekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tend to shy away from bold fashion trends. Maybe this year I will join you with the bright colors. I've always wanted to try a nude lip too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to see the double cat eye on you!! I bet it's gonna look amazing! I love the look of a dramatic eye and nude lip. Hope you have a fantastic 2013!!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?