(Click picture to shop)
With winter in full force (for most of us; we had a rather warm weekend), layers are of the utmost importance. To me, there is nothing more annoying than wearing a winter coat, so layering shirts is the best option.
- Start with a thin blouse. Picking one with a print or an embellishment on the collar will look so cute peeking out from under the layers.
- Add a chunky knit sweater on top, leaving the hem of the blouse peeking out of the bottom.
- Add a bright blazer. (Make sure your sweater isn't too thick or you won't be able to put on the blazer.)
|(Click here to shop)|
If bright color in winter isn't your thing, opt for neutral layers. You can always finish off your look with small touches of color in your jewelry or handbag.
- Start with a t-shirt that has a print or texture. It will add dimension to the layers.
- Wrap a scarf around your neck and forgo the necklace. (Or if you really want to accessorize, pick a long necklace that will hit somewhere along the top of your rib cage area. It needs to hang far enough below the scarf.)
- Add a studded button-up shirt and leave it unbuttoned.
- Finish the look with a blazer and make sure that the scarf is centered.
Have a great day!